Borders book signing

Borders book signing
Arly signs THE MEANS OF ESCAPE
Browsings, Musings and Living a Writer's Life

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bookstore visit

I walked into Borders, a little hesitant, ... well, hesitant to appear like a pain -in-the-... author, but I needed to find the time frame for the booksigning on Febraury 20th. A sales person found me before Laurie, the EVENTS CO-ORDINATOR did.

"I'm an author," I said, pulling myself up to my tallest. "I need to know the time alloted for the book signing." We stood near a customer service/ checkout when I saw the most incredible sight. COMING EVENTS the sign read over a display. And there it was: THE MEANS OF ESCAPE by Arly Pineo, with about ten copies on a rack and right next to a highly aclaimed historical novel THE HERETICS DAUGHTER. The adrenalin rush hit my bloodstream.

I'd supplied the bookstore with a large poster and told: yes, they have it, will use it. And oh, yes. . .I'll be signing my book from 1 to 3 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment