Borders book signing

Borders book signing
Arly signs THE MEANS OF ESCAPE
Browsings, Musings and Living a Writer's Life

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Let's Talk About Books Group

I had a wonderful experience yesterday. Invited by the "Let's Talk About Books Group," I spoke for about forty-five minutes about THE MEANS OF ESCAPE, describing how and why I wrote the book. Unfortunately, I didn't bring spare copies with me because everyone wanted one. (Actually, I don't receive royalties if I buy the books.) This was a positive experience for me as the first time I talked about my novel before a audience.

This group composed of educated women, who asked all the right questions. They're widely read with varied opinions on what makes a great book. One woman said she hated the author of UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN because she wrote about joyously basking in the Italian countryside, eating lobster and drinking wine. It was just a too, too beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment