Borders book signing

Borders book signing
Arly signs THE MEANS OF ESCAPE
Browsings, Musings and Living a Writer's Life

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

CHEAT THE WND

While pawing through a few old manuscripts, I found CHEATING THE WIND, which won 1st place for Historical Romance at the Oklahoma Federation of Writers Inc more than 10 years ago. I mistakenly assumed the award would interest an agent or better yet, a publisher.

It did interest Agnes Birnbaum of Bleecker Street Assocates, except according to this agent the novel did not fit the genre. The hero and heroine are separated for most of the book while each one survives a harrowing sea story ending with the Opium Wars in the 1840's. Birnbaum turned the ms down.

Reassessing this storyline makes me realize what I may have is a cross-genre. Is it an adventure/romance or a historical something else. While tying to figure out what it is, I've read a chapter to the Trinity Writers Workshop. I will post an excerpt on this blog in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment